$500,000 USDA grant to help promote local markets!
$500,000 Farmers Market Promotion Program grant from the USDA was awarded to the Downtown Wichita Falls Farmers Market in partnership with the Vernon Farmers Market and Vernon College. This grant will help promote the market over the next three years.
We were one of the two applicants in the country to receive the maximum amount awarded!!!!
How is this going to affect the market?
- An eat local food campaign!
- Weekly programs and activites for kids and adults!!
- Live music every other week!!
- More cooking demos!!
- Farm to table dinners!
- Little Chefs cooking camp!
- Recipe cards!
- We now have a part time market manager!
The Farmers Market is currently open the first and third Saturday of the month from 10AM - 1PM. Regular season begins May 6!!