In September 2013, DWFD purchased 800 Ohio, most recently known as DeFoor's Pawn Shop. Originally built in 1884, this building had a series of owners and renovations until 1924 when it became the first Zales Jewelry Store, and looks like we know it today. With 12,000 square feet of space, DWFD plans to renovate and transform this building into a set of locally-owned retail shops. In addition to using the money earned from our events, DWFD will be reaching out to foundations, corporations and the local community for assistance in returning 800 Ohio to its former glory.
Original Zales Jewelry Store, circa 1925
In 1919, 800 Ohio was the National Bank of Commerce.
The Downtown Wichita Falls Development Board of Directors and staff in front of our "new" building!
On May 19, 2016 we had the unvieling of the historical marker from the Texas Historical Commision.
With the total cost of renovation expecting to top $500,000, we are always thankful for donations of all sizes. Please use the PayPal link below if you are interested in helping our cause!